"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill can not be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good work and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven."
Like I said in the beginning, I have put God to shame, especially in a school setting. I have been embarrassed that I am the only one who appears to be "different". I'm embarrassed when I bring up God in a conversation with people, for fear of them bashing me. However, there are a lot of people you meet that are not Christians and it's very easy to copy what they do and say and how they act. I tend to fall under that category, unfortunately. I have found myself saying God's name in vain without even realizing it. I immediately confess that to God and ask fervently in prayer for forgiveness for cursing His name.
Now that I am refocusing my life, I want to try to change all of that. I want to change how I let people treat me after them knowing I'm a Christian. I want to let everyone know that I am a Child of God and not be ashamed about it. I want to be the light in this dark world.
Matthew 6:22 & 23,
"The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in your is darkness, how great is the darkness!"
My goal as a Christian is to show Jesus to others THROUGH me. I hope to be an influence to new Christians and ask older, wiser people who have known Christ for ages, how I should share Christ with people. I know that I won't always get people to Christ. It'll be hard. I know that some may grow more and more angry with me, the more I share, but I don't want to care anymore because I'm doing what the Lord has asked of me.
Jesus hears my concerns and I lift this post to Him.
XOXO
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!