Father's Day is coming around the corner pretty soon and since I won't be home to celebrate this day with my father, I thought I would write about what I think it means to have an excellent father.The man in the picture is my daddy. He watched me come into the world 19 years ago and he has always done what a father was supposed to do in the eyes of God. He has brought me up in the Lord, taught me about Jesus, and has always set an incredible example of a successful hard worker. My dad hasn't always been perfect. He has messed up just like everyone else, but he has still always done the best he could with what he knew.
He raised my sister and I with no help mate for 7 years. 7 whole years we were without a mother and he did it. He did it with the help of God and some nannies, of course. Nevertheless, he still did. He kept us alive (we ate out a lot, but that's okay too). I am beyond thankful that even though I was an extremely aggravating child, he still loved me and cared for me. I was never abandoned. I was always loved and taken care of and some kids don't even get that. I am so blessed to call this man my daddy. Even if I did things he didn't like, he still allowed me to do them and to learn from my many mistakes.
I don't know what I would have done without him all these years. He has always tried to find ways for me to better myself. He has always given me advice, whether or not I take it. He has always tried ways for me to get through school because he knows it wasn't easy for me. He has never stopped loving me, even when I really don't deserve to be loved. I am so blessed that God had a plan for my life that included him.
I love you, daddy. Can't picture you not being in my life. You're amazing and selfless and kind and caring and I couldn't picture anyone else but you to be my dad. Happy Father's Day.
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!