A person who demands perfection from themselves or others.
It's hard to explain these verses in the Bible about how to be perfect, because I'm not perfect. Nor will I ever be. Sometimes I wish I was and that I could understand things like that this through and through, but I don't and I can't. I struggle with perfectionism every day of my life. I try to do everything right, and when I don't.... My fear of failing gets ahead of me and I pray asking God WHY I just can't do everything right... Then I remember that I was created sinful, but in God's image. It's hard trying to be perfect and then failing.
This is my daily struggle.... What's YOURS?
Love & God Bless,
~Megan
I am a perfectionist. At least that is what I always try to be..... My mindset is always set on perfect. If something is not perfect, I get extremely frustrated. I try hard with everything I do to be perfect. I want to be a perfect person without making mistakes. But we all know that that works out well, don't we?!
ATELOPHOBIA
Fear of imperfection.
I have a fear of screwing up..... Yet every day, I find a way to screw up. When I do, I'm absolutely devastated. It's a daily thing for me... I constantly have to remind myself that it's okay not to be perfect. Because, no one is.. except Jesus. HE is holy. HE is blameless. HE is spotless; without blemish. HE is perfect. HE is sinless.
We all suffer every day with being imperfect. There's no possible way while we're living on this earth that anything can be perfect. The only thing we can do is to STRIVE to be perfect.
James 1:4, "And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
This verse says, "that you may be PERFECT and complete, lacking in NOTHING. Which means we'd have to be just like Jesus to fulfill this. That's going to be pretty hard when we're sinful human, right? Yes... It's going to be EXTREMELY hard to fulfill this.
Matthew 5:48, "You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
James 1:4, "And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
This verse says, "that you may be PERFECT and complete, lacking in NOTHING. Which means we'd have to be just like Jesus to fulfill this. That's going to be pretty hard when we're sinful human, right? Yes... It's going to be EXTREMELY hard to fulfill this.
Matthew 5:48, "You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
It's hard to explain these verses in the Bible about how to be perfect, because I'm not perfect. Nor will I ever be. Sometimes I wish I was and that I could understand things like that this through and through, but I don't and I can't. I struggle with perfectionism every day of my life. I try to do everything right, and when I don't.... My fear of failing gets ahead of me and I pray asking God WHY I just can't do everything right... Then I remember that I was created sinful, but in God's image. It's hard trying to be perfect and then failing.
This is my daily struggle.... What's YOURS?
Love & God Bless,
~Megan
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!
I too struggle with this. You're not alone! I understand how frustrating it can be to not measure up to your own expectations. Like you said, just remember that nobody can ever be perfect except Jesus Christ, so we give it all to Him and do our best! :)