Pages

My Decision

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Yesterday, I felt really convicted. . . . I noticed that I spend a lot more of my time on Facebook when I could be spending *precious* time with my Jesus! I'm not sure why it hit me yesterday, but it was just like a knock on the door of my heart. It was so clear to me that that is what I needed to do!


Last year I was completely serious on wanting to finish reading my Bible in a whole year, or less. It's been seven months TODAY since I officially started reading it everyday. I'm only in the book of Ruth, and I have many more books to go. I felt really discouraged, like I hadn't gotten too far into it. I'm still really serious about this goal, because I know I can do it through Him who strengthens me!  I know that if I press on, I'll make it through. I'll finish my goal. 


My decision wasn't made by anyone but me.. No one made me delete my Facebook, no one made that decision for me. It was God who put it on my heart that I should delete it. I feel happy that I made that decision by myself and with God telling me to do it. It's not that hard giving it up, and I know that I can go a while without it.


I can just spend my *free* time with JESUS, the one who has given me this precious life. I want to live my life for Him and Him alone! He has granted me the gift of life and has granted me with a life of forgiveness. Why shouldn't I want to spend some time with Him? Well, sometimes... it's just my sin nature to want to forget God. But, I always feel awful when I do that, which I should.


I want to be an example to others, and I want to show others that giving up something can really help you with your walk. I'm thinking of several things that I'm willing to give up. . . . TV time, iPod time, computer time, even school time. I spend a lot of time doing those things, when my Bible is in my room... sitting there for a day or two, not being opened. I feel terrible for not doing the things I said I would. 


I'm not going to make YOU give up those things, this was just my personal decision... to help me in my walk with God. I hope you enjoyed reading this, because I definitely enjoyed writing it! 


Love & God Bless,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

sku said...

Great post, Megan! I love that you made such a big stand to spend more time with God. I believe deleting your Facebook was a great thing that you will not regret! God really is working wonders in your heart and mind. I wouldn't be surprised if He has a particularly exciting future in mind for you! I too am reading my Bible all the way through, and I'm actually pretty close to you. I'm in 2 Samuel currently. Aren't these early books just packed full of amazing stories and examples? God's word truly is incredible. Keep serving Christ, Megan!

-Luke