Pages

Wisdom

Friday, May 18, 2012

Lately in my daily Bible reading, I've been looking at verses that have to do with wisdom. If there is anything that I would like to have, wisdom is it. My mom, sisters, dad, and brothers are all full of wisdom, and Godly advice. Someday, I would like to have the same amount of wisdom that they have, and give the same Godly advice that they give me. 


Some verses that have really spoken to me while I was reading this morning are these: 


Psalm 111:10- "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!"


Proverbs 2:6- "For the Lord gives wisdom; from the mouth comes knowledge and understanding. . . ."


Proverbs 9:10- "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is insight." 


Proverbs 31:26- "She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue." 


"WOW!" was my expression while reading this verses. I realize that I need to take these verses to heart, and hide them in my heart! They are so full of truth, and I think that they will help me all throughout my life. I want to be a very wise person, and help lead people to righteousness. I am a sinner and I will make mistakes, so I won't be perfect and I won't be righteous a lot of the time. But I want to strive to be as close to it that I can get. 


The Lord has been showing himself to me a lot lately through the Bible, and I've been spending a lot of my time in the Word, especially in the New Testament. It's packed full of such amazing verses and Godly advice. I realize that through God, my parents are wise. God showed them ways to encourage my sister and I in righteousness, and use those principles from the Bible to get through to us. 


Another verse that has really hit home for me that has really encouraged me is this: 


Psalm 19:20- "Listen to advice and accept instruction, so that you might gain wisdom in the future." 


This past week I've been struggling with studying for my four exams in class this coming Monday. I have felt totally discouraged and convicted, especially with the instruction my parents were giving me. But after that, I read this verse over and over, and I realized that I just need to listen to their advice and accept their instruction, so that I might gain wisdom in the future. I felt a little bit better after reading that verse, and I have continually tried to just listen, instead of insisting of my own way. 


I have been taught a lot this week through many verses, especially the ones all throughout this post... I have to have encouraged or have taught someone something this week :)


Love & God Bless,


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!