Since about October, I've been reading two-four chapters in my Bible everyday! I start out my day by reading, and I chose to do that, because it will help my day get started in a great way.. I love reading in my Bible, because some days, I just feel like I screwed up. When I open up my Bible, I end up reading what I needed to hear, sometimes. Not *ALWAYS* does that happen, but sometimes it does, and I absolutely *LOVE* it when that happens! God works in so good of ways! It's amazing what he can do to a person, when they read HIS word.
I've made it all the way to 2 Corinthians since I started in October, and I'm loving the pace that I'm reading at! It's perfect! Some verses really speak to me, so I grab my highlighter, and I highlight that verse, then I write it down in a notepad, to look back at the verses that popped out at me! Lots of verses that pop out at me are also in godly books by Christian authors. Those kinds of people inspire me so much, and when I read their books, I crave the Bible more, and I get more out of it. A lot of times, I get on this "spiritual high", and sometimes it dies down, but I get a lot out of the books I read and the Bible! So, I tell people about how I feel and what God has done to me in my life, and people are always inspired by me. I think it's really cool that people in books just know exactly what to say, especially if I'm dealing with the particular subject, and then I get something out of it, and tell people about it, and THEY get inspired! It's so cool how that works! :)
The amazing thing that happens is when I'm talking to God, a verse that I'm not particularly familiar with, will pop in my head, and I'll look it up, and sure enough, it'd be a verse! :) God has done that not once, but uncountable times! The times when I hear God speaking to me a lot is when I'm beginning to doubt my faith, and trust in the him, and he always pulls me back up, every time! When I'm about to lose a friend, or I lost something valuable, or things with my parents aren't going right, he *ALWAYS* has a plan, and it always turns out right!
This road is NOT easy to go down, and it's hard staying on the path, but God never said it would be easy... Life is hard and dealing with sin is hard! But if you let him, God will calm you in his righteous and true words of wisdom!
2 Corinthians 5:7-"for we walk by faith, not by sight."
Don't forget to read God's word! :)
God Bless,
~Megan
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!