When you say that you love someone, it is something you can't ever take back. Because, you either love someone or you don't. It shouldn't be "I love you now" and then "I don't think I love you anymore." That doesn't seem to make sense to me. It's either a yes or no. As Jesus Christ quotes in his word, Matthew 5:37-"But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one."
There are ways to love that Jesus describes and wants us to strive to do. 1 Corinthians 13:1-7 states,
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."
Basically, without love, you don't have ANYTHING!
Isn't that the most perfect kind of love? I really think so! Jesus loves us SO much, he gave up his life for us.
John 15:13- "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." He calls us his friends, and layed down his life for our sins. He died so we could live! That's the most perfect kind of love that I could ever think of.... Jesus is LOVE.
John 15:13- "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." He calls us his friends, and layed down his life for our sins. He died so we could live! That's the most perfect kind of love that I could ever think of.... Jesus is LOVE.
The way I think you can tell if you really love someone is if you are everything according to the verses in 1 Corinthians 13 (which is pretty hard to be, since we aren't perfect), and if you are willing to lay down your life for a friend, family member, or someone who you happen to be close with. There are more than a couple of people I can think of that I love, that I would be willing to lay my life down for. I haven't told them this, but I am so very willing to lay my life down for them.
I strive, everyday, to practice the love of Christ to those around me, because love is one of the greatest gifts you could ever receive! It is one of the greatest gifts that I have ever received and I still don't know if I could ever repay some people back for their love for me! It is amazing that God has put amazing people in my life, because I have learned to love them all. But if I learn more about love and practice this love everyday, then I would be MUCH better off!
Always remember that God is LOVE, and that you can't lay down your life for objects in your life. But you CAN love people, and you can show them about love throughout your life, because of JESUS! He gives love, but he also takes away. Always remember that I love you... but more importantly that, JESUS LOVES YOU. :)
God Bless,
~Megan
~Megan

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!
Good thoughts. The only thing I would say is that I'm pretty sure that it is possible to love someone/thing and then not later. For example, we love sin when we're unsaved. When we're saved, we reject it and love God. I think you went just a bit overboard by saying that we can't love someone, but then not love them later. I see what your main point is on this though.
I guess what I was trying to say was that it doesn't make sense to love someone for a while... & then just all of a sudden, NOT love them anymore. Do you get what I'm saying? Like, I wasn't meaning to come across that way, the way you are explaining. But anyway, thanks for your comment! I'll be thinking about this in depth a little bit more. :)