Since October 2010, I've been a slightly different person. That year wasn't great for me and did a lot of things that I really look back on now and think, "How could I have done something SO ridiculous?!" So, I wanted to be different, and show people that I was different. I decided to start reading my Bible more.
Around New Years Eve in 2010 almost 2011, I made New Year's Resolutions to be FEARLESS, POSITIVE, and to read my Bible more. That entire year, I tried working at being a better Christian. I accomplished my goals because my family and friends told me how much I inspired them to read the Bible more, and that they noticed a change in me. I can't explain how amazing that made me feel! It was a drastic change, a 360 degree turn in my life... And it was all because of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!
Ever since that drastic change, I've been the HAPPIEST in my life. I realized that when I was pushing God away, He would hold on to me even tighter! Also, that He had a plan for everything that happened in my life. I regret the months in 2010 that went by and was questioning whether or not God really existed, or if He was the Lord of my life. He did have a plan for me to have a hard time in life and to get through/learn from my mistakes, and I did. I pulled through, and now, I look to Christ! I still have my ups & downs with my family and friends, but... through Christ I learn from my mistakes! It's amazing what Christ can do!
The night of October 9, 2011, something inside me just made me feel like I needed to read my Bible the whole way through. I felt that if I did, it would help me with a lot more things in life. And, it has! I have SUCCESSFULLY gotten through the entire New Testament, and my dedication has definitely helped with that. Without Christ nudging me to do it or my dedication to do it, I wouldn't have gotten through it. Christ has made me a different person, and I am SO thankful for that.
One of my good friends (who will remain anonymous) once wrote a status that has stuck with me: "Don't ask God why he did something... Ask Him, "What are you trying to teach me through this?" Since then, I've been asking God that when hardships come. I REALLY like that quote! It's amazing, and something that is so true. <3
God is so amazing and faithful, and He has His way of doing things... I may not know what He will do in my life, but I do know that He has a plan... A wonderful, perfect plan!
Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plan to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future."
Romans 1:16-"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes. . . ."
1 John 1: 7-10- "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."
Ephesians 4:22-24- "to put off your old self,[f] which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness."
I absolutely *LOVE* reading Scripture, since I started reading it more and more. Although, memorizing Scripture is my weak spot, I hope to learn some more verses to add to my long list of "favorites". :)
I hope you enjoyed reading this, and some of my favorite verses!
Love & God Bless,
~Megan
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!
Great post, Megan. :)
Thanks, Luke! :) I'm glad you liked it.
God's Word really does transform us..it's amazing. I love this post! And really, one of the most attractive things about a person to me (guy or girl) is that they love the Bible. Thanks for encouraging me!
I agree. It does. & Thank you so much, Marissa! That means a lot. You're welcome. :)
God Bless!