Pages

Worrying

Friday, November 25, 2011

Do you ever worry about little things or maybe even BIG things in your life? The answer to that for me, would be YES. All the time! I worry about the next day, the next month, my Sweet Sixteen even, and then I start getting off on this idea of what my life will be like in three to five years after I graduate. It's a crazy train of thoughts! I don't even know what tomorrow holds, so why would I be thinking about something so far away in advance? Well, I can't really answer that question! But, I can say, that Jesus has things to say about worrying:


Matthew 6:25-34 25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."


To me, that is an incredible passage! It's a passage that speaks to me, because I struggle with worrying about the littlest things SO much... Everyday is a constant struggle with worrying about my friends, my family, and what's going on for the next week, etc. There is a quote out there that says, “Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.” It is definitely a true statement, but I still worry about things....even if worrying won't get me anywhere. It probably will always be a struggle for me to stop worrying about things, but God is the only one who can really help me through this. 


Not all kinds of worry are bad, but it's not necessarily a good thing to worry about if you do bad on a test, or you don't get an assignment right, etc. God has control over how you do things. So there is no point in worrying about it.. But, if you're worried about falling away from God, that might be a good thing to worry about! I worry so much about that and the thought scares me! But, God will help you a long the way if you just ask him. :) God is  ultimately the only person that can help you overcome habits like that.


Just give it all to God!! :)


God Bless,
~Megan

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!