Pages

Friends

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

In my past fifteen years of living, God has granted me with ONE of the greatest gifts in life.... friends! Friends are one of the most important things in my life and if I didn't have them, I don't know WHERE I would be in life! It's great to wake up everyday thinking about friends, and being able to talk to them everyday! Things I think about when I think of my friends are loyalty, trustworthiness, and love. 


Loyalty means-"faithfulness to commitments or obligations."
Trustworthiness means- "deserving of trust or confidence; dependable; reliable"
Love means- "a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person."


When I think of those definitions, I always strive to be that way to others. But, it never tends to work out. I'm always trying to be perfect in one or ALL of those things. It's hard to be loyal when someone isn't being faithful to you. It's hard to trust someone who has lied more than once to you.. and it is even harder to love someone who has done wrong to you.  


Jesus is the most perfect and wonderful true friend that anyone would be happy to have! He is the ONLY one who is perfect in loyalty, trustworthiness, and love!  He NEVER fails you. He doesn't physically sit down next to us, but he is there in spirit and in mind! He's always there for us when we're sad, he's there to pick us up when we fall, he is there to put our lives back together when they fall apart. Jesus knows exactly what we've gone through! He knows how hard it is to go through life, because he went through it, too. 


But, in the end of his life, he experienced the most painful death that anyone could EVER endure. He died on the cross... for OUR sins! Then, he rose again on the third day. I can't express my emotions when I think of this.. A man who was perfect, living life just like us, except for the fact that he never sinned, gave his life for us, so we could live! :) Isn't he the best friend, ever?!  
John 13:15 states this, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." 
That is true loyalty, and love. :)


God Bless,
~Megan

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

sku said...

Great post, Megan! Keep it up. :)