Pages

7 Things

Monday, January 15, 2018

Today I thought I would dedicate this post to my best friend and sister, Lindsey. In honor of the post, I thought I would title it "7 Things" because of one of our favorite songs by Miley Cyrus, called "7 Things". For 7 reasons, I thought I would write about her because I wanted her to know how thankful I am for her. I don't know what I would have done had she not been by my side all these years.

1) She ALWAYS has my back. This is not a joke. She always has my back. There have been a number of instances where others have said things about me in front of her and she has always defended me. Even when I was at my worst, she was there for me when I felt like I had no one else. I will forever be indebted to her.

2) She is talented in ways I wish I could be. My sister is incredibly talented when it comes to music, sports, and school. I don't want to say I'm "jealous" because that's a strong word, but I envy her abilities in those areas. I have to work twice as hard to get to her level of abilities and that has always been tough for me. But I am so proud of how far she has come.

3) She is one of my role models. Whether I want to hear it or not, she always gives me advice. She humbles me every time I start to lose sight of what's right or wrong. It's somewhat irritating, but I know she only does it because she loves me so much.

4) She has a great relationship with the Lord. I am envious of her relationship with God, because she is a better person because of Him. I have always flip flopped (of my own volition, of course), but Lindsey has always seems to stay connected to God. Obviously, she's not a perfect human because no one is, but I have always admired her because of her relationship with God.

5) She goes out of her way for me. When I first moved out a couple years ago, she gave me money when I didn't have any (or rather, when I spent all mine). She brought me food, household items, movies, etc. and never asked for anything in return. This weekend she showed me even more so that she has a servant's heart. She cleaned the downstairs area for me while I was sleeping, she helped me get ready for work when I was running late, helped gather all the trash, fold the laundry, etc. She is truly a Proverbs 31 woman in that area. I don't deserve that kind of treatment and I am so thankful for her and all that she does for me.

6) She is always encouraging me to keep playing instruments and writing. 
Lindsey knows very well that I quit singing, playing music, and writing because I didn't want to compare myself to her. I find that she is far more talented than me but she asks me to do it anyway because I want to, not out of competition against her.

7) She always says I love you. Even when I don't feel like I deserve it, she always says I love you like it's the last time we'll see each other. She always says "I love you" after I screw up. She forgives like it never happened. Even if we stay mad at each other for a while, she always says she loves me. I have never once questioned her love for me and that's about as Christ-like as a sinful human can be.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!