Pages

The month of thankfulness

Friday, November 10, 2017

Writing on the blog this year has been a little bit non existent, but with the natural disasters that have been happening this year, I wanted to pause and write what I am TRULY am thankful to have! 

MY HOME
The house I grew up in for 14 years burned on New Years Day this year and I am beyond grateful that no one was home and we were all safe. My parents and I have had to stay at a temporary home for the time being while the house is being re-built. Even though it's not our actual home, I am thankful we have a place to stay. It may be inconvenient, but we are warm and safe and dry and that's all that matters.

CLOTHES
I am so thankful that I have clothes to wear and shoes to put on my feet. I am so thankful that I stay warm during the winter and stay cool in the summer. Clothes are a great necessity and while I know that there are a lot of people without, it makes me even more thankful that I do! Clothes are great to have and I don't ever want to take it for granted.

MUSIC
My mom left this earth as an influencer of music. I have listened to it my entire life and I have my mom, dad, and God to thank for that. I enjoy music because God created so many different kinds of music for us to enjoy on this earth. Some of it is so beautiful it moves me to tears. He gave me the gift of music and I am so blessed to have it.

WRITING
God gave me a love for writing at a young age. I have always had an interest in it which is why a friend recommended that I start a blog. Writing is a way of expressing myself that I can't do otherwise. Writing is how I speak my mind and make sense of things. I'm so glad that God gave me a love for writing, because He also gave my late grandfather and mother the same gift. I feel like it may be the only thing I have in common with my mom and I'm okay with that.

MY JOB
For a while last year I was struggling with finding jobs. I was skipping around a lot and I wasn't doing very well. Money was tighter than it had ever been and I was struggling. When I came to the job I have now, I realized that though it may not be my dream job, it will allow for me to pay my bills and be able to save money for the future. I have been very fortunate at this job and I'm thankful that God had blessed me with it.

MY FAMILY
I am so fortunate to have a family. We may have lost some, but we definitely keep adding people to the family! I no longer have any immediate grandparents alive anymore, but I'm thankful that they all lived a fairly long life. Family truly is there for you and I'm beyond thankful for the one I have.

MY BEST FRIENDS
I truly am thankful for the friends that I have. The best thing about having friends is that you share in each other's pain, suffering, joys, tears, and laughs. You don't need a thousand friends to be happy. I've got around 5 true friends and that's all I need. I am beyond thankful that God has given me fellowship with them. I feel truly blessed to have them!

JESUS
I am beyond thankful that I was raised in a Christian home. I have not always gone down the right path, but I'm so glad that God loves me the same as He did before. His love never changes. It always stays the same. I am so thankful that He sent his son to die so I could live free of guilt! That is the ultimate gift. It is one of the greatest gifts I could ever receive!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!