When you're with someone for years at a time like my sister and I were, you get used to them being around. We were attached at the hip. We did everything together and went everywhere together. Everything was awesome but we both knew the time would come when she would be getting prepared for college. But then I decided to move out of my parent's house. I wanted to have freedom and be a grown up. It was really hard at first. My sister would call me up several times in a week just to see if I was okay and not doing anything stupid. It annoyed me at first but I knew she truly cared for me deep down and didn't want me to get hurt. I began to miss her the longer we'd go without speaking.
Then summer came. She left to go have fun while I was at home adulting. I cried a lot when I didn't see her because I missed her so much. I felt so pathetic because I felt like part of my heart had been ripped directly out of my chest. We've never been farther apart than maybe a week or two in our ENTIRE lifetimes. So it was really painful. When I moved out, it was different but she was still home. But now I can no longer drive over to my parents house and walk directly back to my sister's bedroom and find all her belongings there. Because she's not there. She's gone. But she's always in my heart. On that note, this is to you, Linny.
You are my forever friend. You are my sister and my best and truest friend. Even though we get on each other's nerves sometimes, I will always cherish every moment we have ever spent together from the time you were born until the days we die. You mean the world to me. You have been my playmate, my other half of a duet, my crazy steering wheel drumming, dancing with no hands on the wheel, laughing until we cry, screaming out the chorus before we get out of the car sister. I miss all of our laughing fits in the backseat of the car that made mom and dad yell at us for being so loud and then it made us laugh even harder. I miss singing duets together with a guitar/piano duo. I just miss you entirely.
Even if you don't ever decide to come back to Michigan, just know I will always consider moving wherever you are. Because I can't imagine a life without you around. I know you're going to go out and do great things with your life because it's just in you to want to be the best and to strive for the highest possible career that you can in the field you love.
"I've had the time of my life, no I've never felt this way before, yes, I swear it's the truth, and I owe it all to you."Cheesy and cliché, I know, but so true! You have taught me to appreciate music and you have showed me that it's okay not to be the best at everything. You have taught me not to compare myself to you because we are totally different. You have been totally psyched for me when I tell you I have a date and that you want to know how it goes. You are always there over the phone when I need you, like if I have a crisis or panic attack. You're always understanding when I tell you it's about math and do your best to help me over the phone. I know that if you could you'd be at my house in a heartbeat being my support system if I ever needed you. But I know most of all you'd be there and holding me while I cry or lending your shoulder. That's why I love you to pieces. You're an amazing person and I know someone someday is going to notice your potential and it will be amazing.
All I can say is that I love you, sissy. Thank you for all you have ever done for me and for making my life so much better. I can't wait to experience more of life with you when you come home!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!