My entire life I was relatively healthy. What I mean by healthy is that I rarely got sick, never was overweight, or had serious health problems. That changed in 2015. I went to two extremes where I either ate a lot or didn't eat at all. I gained a lot of weight. Fast food was my go-to food of choice (shudders). I never learned how to cook while living at home with my parents. I never had a fitness regimen because I didn't think it was important. The weight gain was short lived and lost all of it and more, but still didn't change my ways. After about a year, I moved to a new apartment and slowly noticed my weight gain again. This time, I gained over 60 pounds.
I was the most overweight than I had ever been. I was the most unhealthy I had ever been. I had been dealing with a lot more on my plate than I had the last time but about the same on the depression level. Food was my coping mechanism, so I continued to eat all the time and never stopped. There were times that I wanted to change and lose my weight, but I didn't want it bad enough. I moved back home and started living with my parents again. I started to lose weight (because I had to) and cared more about what I was eating. It was a big change, but a big change that I really needed!
Despite all the pain, stress, depression, coping I went through, I realized that this is a lifestyle change. A lifestyle of fitness is all about balance. It's not something you start and then quit when things don't pan out the way you expect. You just keep going. You can still eat the foods you enjoy, but in moderation. You can eat pizza. You can eat ice cream. You can eat popcorn. You can eat whatever you want. You don't need to restrict yourself from certain foods to see results. However, it's very essential to keep a consistent fitness and diet plan, but one that that you can tweak to fit your life and your needs. It's something you should love doing, not dread. It's a process. You won't see results in the first week. I sure didn't. It has taken me forever to get to this place, and I wouldn't change a thing.
I love who I am now. I know that I have a long way to achieve my ultimate goals, but I'm excited to go through the process. I'm learning to cook my own meals now. I'm constantly trying to do something out of my comfort zone. I allow myself to make mistakes because I'm a human. If I cheat on a meal, I do better for the next one. I tweak what I need to based on my mental, emotional, and physical health. I care very much about my body and who I am. I care very much about my health and what I look like.
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!