2016 was one of the worst years I've ever lived through. I made a lot of mistakes. I did a lot of things I wish I hadn't and didn't do a lot of things I wish I had. One of the things I wish I would've done was take care of myself. I realize that it is incredibly important to take care of myself, but I haven't done that. I'm overweight and I know it. People might look at me and think I'm nuts. I may not look like it, but I am very unhealthy. Overall, my body has gotten bigger, my pants have gotten tighter, my belly sticks out, and my face has gotten chunky.
I never learned discipline with food even when I was living at home. Since I've moved out, it has gotten even worse. The easiest thing for me was to make food that was easy, didn't cost a lot, and wouldn't make me put up an effort to make. I hate to admit this about myself, but I'm lazy. I don't like pain so I don't want to work out. I don't have money, so I'm not going to make foods that would make me feel good. I don't like pushing myself, so I don't work out as hard as I can. I'd do the bare minimum.
But it's time to get my act together. I want to refocus my brain to be less lazy. I want to refocus my body on fueling it with good food and working out. I want to get rid of all the toxins hanging around in my body and start feeling better. I want to have more energy and get more sleep before my night shifts. I want to see progress by working out and knowing that I got there because I chose to make a good choice. I want to push through the pain and just know that I am bettering myself!
And I have started doing that. I am on Day 6 of my 21 Day Fix journey. It has been a long and hard first week of working out. I know it's going to take some time before it gets easier and start to see results, but it's going to be worth it. I got the cookbook specifically for 21 Day Fix and I'm so excited to start making some of the recipes! I'm excited to start portioning my food also and still being able to eat the foods I enjoy without feeling guilty. :)
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!
Megan
XOXO
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!